[AG-TECH] FYI: Adapting Windows 2000 TCP/IP stack to high bandwidth connections

Jay Beavers jbeavers at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 6 15:38:55 CST 2002

Per a discussion at the Access Grid Retreat, below are the registry
changes I use to optimize the TCP/IP stack of Windows 2000 for DSL line
or higher connectivity.  I found them at:

http://www.speedguide.net/Cable_modems/cable_reg_win2k.shtml

This isn't a 'definitive' guide, this is just a file I pulled off the
Internet.  If you want detail on what this is doing, I'd refer you to a
whitepaper on the Windows 2000 TCP/IP implementation, found at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/howitworks/communications/
networkbasics/tcpip_implement.asp

 - jcb

--- Cut here, put into a file ending in .reg, double-click and you're
good ---

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]

"SackOpts"=dword:00000001

"TcpWindowSize"=dword:0003ebc0

"Tcp1323Opts"=dword:00000001

"DefaultTTL"=dword:00000040