[AG-TECH] TTL - Multicast

Nolan, Kevin [NCSUS] knolan at ncsus.jnj.com
Thu Mar 14 13:35:08 CST 2002

Actually, our problem is with the vic in windows.  We are using windows 2000
machines as capture computers.  In linux the -B option works fine.
According to the vic-userguide...

-B
	Set the maximum value of the bandwidth slider to a user-specified
number of kbit/s.  This value is limited to 256 kbit/s if the conference
address is a multicast address and the TTL in use is greater than 64 (ie,
the traffic will leave your multicast region).

So in the windows vic the above is true, but in the linux vic this must have
changed in the code.  It doesn't matter what we set the bandwidth to in
windows...if the TTL is 127, it behaves as the guide suggests above.

We'd like to be able to have a TTL of 127 and a bandwidth value of much more
than 256 kbit/s on our windows capture machines.