[AG-TECH] Re: Quick Testing for GJAS

Don Morton morton at cs.umt.edu
Thu Jun 20 12:31:24 CDT 2002

Jeremy Sauer wrote:

> Hi all,
>     I will be camped out in the Bridgeport Room from 18:00-21:00 UTC,
> 12:00-15:00 MDT, 13:00-16:00 CDT.  I would like to invite any sites
> planning on attending the GJAS presentation on June 21st to drop by for
> a quick ten to fifteen minute test session today.
>
> Thank you,
> Jeremy Sauer
> University of Montana-Missoula
> Node-Op

Howdy all,

I'd like to encourage remote site attendance at the Global JAS
presentation tomorrow (Friday) at 21:00 UTC (13:00 Alaska,
14:00 Pacific, 15:00 Rockies, 16:00 Central, 17:00 Boston),
particularly those of you who previously expressed some
interest in this.  It will be held in the Bridgeport Room.
See http://www.globaljas.org/ for Global JAS info.

My understanding of this (I'm in Alaska now so a "little"
out of the loop) is that Paul Williamson, the U. Montana
Dean of College of Technology will be giving a ppt presentation
on fuel cell technologies and, our AGN will be open to the
attendees of the Global Joint Action Summit (designed to
draw attention to the G8 summit held in Kananaskis, AB
starting 26 June).  So, the event is scheduled, it WILL be
held, and there will likely be a new, somewhat activist,
community coming by our AGN to see what this technology is
all about.  The hope is that some of the visionaries might
see this as a means to facilitate global communications for
other events.

So, at the very least, if you're able to park your node in
Bridgeport during the event and, even better, have one or
two people actually "attending" the event, it would be very
much appreciated.  I'll be trying to attend from here in
Fairbanks.

And, remember, Jeremy's sitting all by his lonesome in our AGN
from 18:00-21:00 UTC today and I'm sure he would love to see
some of you pop in for a quick test! :)

Thanks!

Don

--
   Don Morton                      http://www.cs.umt.edu/~morton/
   Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana