[AG-TECH] Re: Audio/Video capture

Luc Renambot renambot at cs.vu.nl
Fri Jul 19 11:00:53 CDT 2002

] -----Original Message-----
] From: owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov [mailto:owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov]On
] Behalf Of Robert Olson
] Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 17:32
] To: Don Morton; Sergeant A. G. Tech
] Cc: Cleary, Daniel R
] Subject: Re: [AG-TECH] Re: Audio/Video capture
]
] The Parhelia looks like a great card .. I've got one on order, we'll see
] how it works. From what I see, it shoudl have great 2d
] performance and will support the three heads we want at AGP rates ...
]

Indeed, it looks like a nice one. I just wonders if the quality is
very good on the third output since it uses a dual-dvi cable and
then a splitter cable. If you want 4 outputs, you still need
an extra PCI card.
Nowadays, Nvidia cards also improved a lot their video quality
on the GeForce4 line.

] Someone else mentioned an nVidia 4-head card - any news on how
] that works?
] Is it really AGP to the graphics engines, or is it like the one I tried
] that is AGP to a PCI/PCI bridge and then just PCI graphics adapters.
]

The quad output card, Quadro4 400 NVS, is a PCI one (in fact, I think
it's 2 dual-output chips on the same card). However, they have plenty
of dual-output for AGP.
This document clarifies (?) a bit the situation for the Quadro cards:
  http://www.nvidia.com/docs/lo/1755/SUPP/LC_Quadro4_v03.pdf

Luc.