[AG-TECH] video loss

Jonathan C. Humfrey jch at cs.ucsb.edu
Mon Jan 14 18:04:59 CST 2002

What kind of loss rate would be normal for video?

I am in the test room right now and my loss rates seem to fluctuate a
bit.  Sometimes it will stick with about 0% for a little while and then it
jumps to about 1% to 6 or 7%.  Two feeds from the same place are averaging
about 14 - 17%, I am assuming this may be a problem with multicast on
their end.  It appeared that we had a hub which was not operating at full
duplex.  I've replaced that with a switch and want to make sure that the
loss rates I'm getting are normal and not perhaps a problem with our video
cards...