[AG-TECH] Is Retreat broadcasted on AG ??

Osland, CD (Chris) C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 9 08:32:37 CST 2002

I can understand the logistic reasons you put forward, but will
just make the point that an increasing number of sites using or
about to use the Access Grid system are not based in the US, so
the total cost of coming to the retreat for us is well into four
figures (in a currency of your choice - dollars, pounds or euros).
Unfortunately the cheap fares from the UK tend to be to New York
or Florida, and fares to California are still quite high.  So
as much AG-related material as possible being available online -
even if not real-time - would really be appreciated.

For interest, today's beacon status shows

US (.edu 42, .gov 14, .mil 2, .org 4) 62
United Kingdom (.uk)                  10
Canada (.ca)                           3
Norway (.no)                           2
China (I assume) (.cn)                 2
Netherlands (.nl)                      1
.net (varies, one is in UK!)          12

and Australia and Japan are regularly in the Lobby,
although I don't see any beacons from them.

Cheers

Chris Osland

Chris Osland                         Office tel: +44 (0) 1235 446565
Digital Media and Access Grid      Medialab tel: +44 (0) 1235 446459
BIT Department             Access Grid room tel: +44 (0) 1235 445666
e-mail:   C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk               Fax: +44 (0) 1235 445597

CLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (Bldg. R18)
Chilton, DIDCOT, Oxon OX11 0QX, UK

[The contents of this email are confidential and
are for the use of the intended recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient do not take
any action on it or show it to anyone else,
but return this email to the sender and delete your copy of it.]