[AG-TECH] ntpd help

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 7 12:12:08 CST 2002

You shouldn't have had to touch the hosts file; DNS should provide all the
resolution you need. RH ships with the localhost entry in the hosts file.

You *don't* want agvideo to be an alias for localhost. That is why you are
getting that error.

I'd advocate having /etc/hosts contain only

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost

use DNS for hostname resolution,and make sure the hostname command returns
a fully qualified hostname.

--bob