[AG-TECH] Participating in the AGDP

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman jtvh at bu.edu
Wed Jan 23 09:27:07 CST 2002

Hi everybody,

A lot of new people have joined this list in the last 6 months or so, so
I'd like to re-iterate my standing invitation to everybody in the AG
community to participate in the Access Grid Documentation Project (AGDP),
which is on the web at http://www.accessgrid.org/agdp/ .

The AGDP is, by design, a community project. Right now we have:

* documents and tutorials online by authors from seven organizations
(Argonne National Laboratory, Boston University, inSORS Integrated
Communications, National Center for Supercomputing Applications, National
Computational Science Alliance, Ohio Supercomputing Center, and
University of Kentucky)

* documents currently under review by the AGDP review team by authors from
two organizations (Argonne National Laboratory and the Electronics
Visualization Laboratory at University of Chicago)

* works-in-progress by authors from some of these same organizations, plus
a few more (California Institute of Technology, North Dakota State
University, and University of New Mexico)

* an AGDP review team made up of eleven AG users from six organizations
(Argonne National Laboratory, Boston University, inSORS Integrated
Communications, National Center for Supercomputing Applications,
University of Montana, and University of Maine).

You don't have to be an established, long-time AG user to participate in
the AGDP (heck, I guess you could say that the AG hasn't really been
around long enough to have established, long-time users anyway). If
you're an expert on a given topic and are willing to share your expertise
with the rest of us, that's wonderful; if you're a relative novice who'd
like to pick up some new skills by learning something well enough to
write about it, that's great too. I'm always happy to bounce ideas around
with people.

And you don't necessarily have to be a technical person to participate in
the AGDP. We're interested in publishing documentation for all kinds of
AG users, everybody from the node ops, to the networking staff, to the
people who plan meetings, to the management staff who make sure we've got
the necessary resources to keep our nodes running smoothly. (There are
probably other sorts of users I haven't mentioned here; we want to publish
stuff for them too.) There are also a couple non-writing tasks listed on
our wishlist, at http://www.accessgrid.org/agdp/wishlist.html .

The AGDP will always be a work in progress. So, if you're interested in
helping to improve the AGDP, please join the agdp at accessgrid.org mailing
list, where we discuss issues related to the ongoing development and
support of the AGDP (send mail to majordomo at accessgrid.org, with
"subscribe agdp" in the body of the message (omit the quotes).

Yours,
Jennifer