[AG-TECH] Scaled-down versions of AG

Shahid Bhatti shahid at cs.ucsb.edu
Fri Jan 11 11:37:13 CST 2002

We at the CS dept of UCSB are trying to create multiple remote sites (on
campus) for participating on Access Grid  meetings. These mini AG nodes will
be able to receive all the incoming video streams and able to send at least
one video stream. For achieving this goal we are visualizing the AG site
with minimal hardware required (as compared to the fully operational
standard AG node also present at UCSB). Looks like two machines with lots of
computing power will can do the job. One machine will be running both VIC
and RAT on Linux and the second machine will act as Win2000 Display machine.
I just wanted to ping in this list to those guys who have successfully done
it in the past and what are the odds involved. Your comments are welcomed
and awaited, thanks.

-Shahid Bhatti
CS Dept. UCSB