[AG-TECH] Vic Problem on Linux Computer?

Peterson, Michael R michael.peterson at pnl.gov
Wed Jan 2 19:15:18 CST 2002

We have downloaded the Linux AccessGrid software and installed on a Dell
Dual-Processor computer. When we attempt to start Vic Video computer running
RedHat 6.2 with 4 Hauppauge video capture cards. The computer becomes very slow
or freezes as soon as Vic is executed. We are testing Vic to a unicast address
(network card appears to be functioning). The video display is a Matrox AGP dual
head card. The computer has 512 RAM, 1024 Swap space. Even if we are successful
at closing VIC, the computers remains slow. It seems to be a kernel problem
(killing PID's does not seem to fix the problem). Any ideas would be helpful.