[AG-TECH] AG as general teleconferencing tool?

David E. Bernholdt bernhold at trunk.csm.ornl.gov
Thu Feb 14 08:08:17 CST 2002

> We are still working on a pricing system to be able to afford upgrades, etc.
> For now, our staff pay for an operator's time to get the meeting scheduled
> and started. For most meetings, I charge one hour of time to their project;
> enough to get it going and then be on call if they need me.

Ian,

I would be very interested in the model you come up with -- something
similar might be useful here.

It sounds like you pretty much get things started and then leave
people on their own.  Is this always the case, even when they're using
DPPT, VNC, etc.?  I've taken a similar approach so far here -- asking
users to nominate someone from the group to learn how to run ths node.
My "day job" is research -- building and running the AG is something I
did on the side, so I'm unwilling to spend all my time running the
node for other peoples' meetings.  Our usage isn't very high yet, but
today and tomorrow will be a good test of this approach.

David
David E. Bernholdt                   |   Email: bernholdtde at ornl.gov
Oak Ridge National Laboratory        |   Phone: +1 (865) 574 3147
http://www.csm.ornl.gov/~bernhold/   |   Fax:   +1 (865) 574 0680