[AG-TECH] Automated room booking.

S.Booth spb at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Mon Feb 11 05:20:25 CST 2002

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, S.Booth wrote:

> The AG framework is potentially very useful for short ad-hoc meetings but
> the current booking mechanism is not really set up for this.
> It would help if any bookings for a venue showed up on the virtual venue
> page, and even better add booking information to the doors in the lobby
> so people can see if a room is free before entering. This will help with
> the newbie problem (speaking as a newbie myself)

I'm going to have a go at adding automated room booking to the virual
venues server. All the hard stuff (authentication, DB access etc) is
already in the server so it should not be too hard.

I'm planning something very simple, a booking page that lets you
view existing booking or select a room, start time and duration. And add
a listing of todays bookings to the to room descriptions and the room
entry.

If anyone else is working on something similar let me know.

				Stephen

|epcc| Dr Stephen P Booth             Project Manager           |epcc|
|epcc| s.booth at epcc.ed.ac.uk          Phone 0131 650 5746       |epcc|