[AG-TECH] echo-cancellation on the cheap?

JSalva agtech at imprintsys.com
Fri Feb 8 16:35:39 CST 2002

FYI -
We took the initiative to bring in one of these GT1524 devices and prove
whether or not it is a viable alternative. Based on the specs - it should
plug and play - but here is what we found:

Follow this line swapping routine as you swap out the 400 with the 1524 -
AP 400 :	Output1		Output A 	Mic	Input A
GT1524 :	Line Out	Aux Out	Mic	Aux In

Initially we were able to receive audio on our node with the default GT1524
settings, but we were not getting anything transmitted to the other standard
node (which is using the AP400)
After a series of test and reset configurations...  on our node with the
GT1524, we adjusted Mic Gain Level to 10 & the Mic line input needed to be
set to 25db

Best Regards,

Jon Salva