[AG-TECH] H.323 and H.320 compatibility

Tom Coffin tcoffin at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 3 09:37:50 CST 2002

hi

There are two ways to go about this. The computer science (CS)
way and the audio video (AV) way.

CS: VRVS has a software out which bridges h32x and the AG - I have not had
a lot of success with it but many have. inSORS claims to have the
capability of bridging the two but I have not seen it yet. Maybe they
can talk to it I know they are on list here.

AV: Here at ACCESS, we have installed an audio/video matrix which allows us to
pass audio and video from a wide range of inputs into a wide range of outputs.
So... I bridge h32x into the AG by simply patching the audio and video
from/to our polycom system into the "matrix" which is then routed to the
appropriate video and audio cards on our ag machines.

At 12:17 PM 12/2/2002 -0500, Adamowicz, Tony (T.) wrote:
   >Howdy:
   >
   >I hope you are doing great today.
   >
   >I am trying to find information on compatibility between AccessGrid and
H.323 and H.320 systems.  If you could point me to the correct resource to
look this up I would appreciate it.

Tom Coffin .......................... tcoffin at ncsa.uiuc.edu