[AG-TECH] AG. cluster, and tiled-display

Luc Renambot renambot at cs.vu.nl
Tue Dec 3 08:33:08 CST 2002

] -----Original Message-----
] From: owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov
] [mailto:owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov] On Behalf Of Michael E. Papka
] Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 23:02
] To: 'Luc Renambot'; 'Ag-Tech at Mcs. Anl. Gov'
] Subject: RE: [AG-TECH] AG. cluster, and tiled-display
]
] Luc,
]
] We have been working on this at ANL for the past year, we
] have been experimenting with VNC and DMX as infrastructure
] for doing this. It is part of the DOE Fusion collaboratory
] and the group to group middleware projects. We were showing
] it off as part of our Fusion Collaboratory demo at SC last
] week. An interesting side note on using AG on tiled displays,
] H261 video is really to small, you want much higher
] resolution streams.
]
] Mike
]

Yes, indeed. You really want to get full PAL/NTSC streams...

Luc.