[AG-TECH] AG. cluster, and tiled-display

Luc Renambot renambot at cs.vu.nl
Mon Dec 2 11:06:06 CST 2002

Exactly. People "are looking at it", "would like to do it", ...
But, to my knowledge, it's not done and used so far.

In Amsterdam, we are playing with two implementations, one
based on VNC pumping pixels to our rendering cluster, another
one using a native RTP stack to decode videos in parallel
on the cluster and rendered in 3D. Both implementations have pros
and cons for implementation and usage...

Image using "VNC" mode:
    http://www.icwall.nl/surftv/pages/surf13.htm

I was just surprised by the reviewer's comment.

cheers,

Luc.

renambot at cs.vu.nl
http://www.cs.vu.nl/~renambot/vr