[AG-TECH] projector/room setup

Andrew Daviel andrew at andrew.triumf.ca
Fri Dec 13 10:12:37 CST 2002

We are trying to put together an AG node in a
room originally intended for monitor-based videoconferencing.

The room is a single space 15ft x 24ft x 8.5ft with
a 14ft x 4.5ft conference table.

The more I read about keystoning and throw distances the more
trouble I am having trying to figure out how to do it.
I would like to use a QXGA projector (equivalent to 4
tiled XGA projectors) on the end wall and one XGA on
one side wall.

Some of the time we will need to have people sitting around the  table
with papers, laptops etc. with video from another person or group at
a remote location. Other times we may have smaller groups doing
more collaborative things with shared graphics.

The AG docs talk about using innovative reflective techniques etc.
Does anyone have examples of this ?

I am trying to figure out how to project a decent sized image
onto the end wall without getting shadows of people's heads.
My current ideas are at http://andrew.triumf.ca/room1b.pdf

Does anyone have suggestions ?

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada