[AG-TECH] FW: [AVT] Multiple IP address scenarios in a multic ast environment

Osland, CD (Chris) C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk
Thu Aug 29 09:20:51 CDT 2002

It may not be relevant (I'm not in any sense a network type person)
but I foresee a requirement for more than one capture computer to
be regarded as part of a single node.  There are already times when
I would like to put out more than 4 video streams, and I also want
to start to use higher bandwidth links (e.g. 640x480, 800x600 and
1024x768 off computers).  There aren't many motherboards with more
than 6 PCI slots, and with one gone on networking, a second video
capture computer that appeared seamlessly in the venue would be a
bonus.

I don't know whether this requires what you are discussing; if it
doesn't, please ignore!

Cheers

Chris Osland

Chris Osland                         Office tel: +44 (0) 1235 446565
Digital Media and Access Grid      Medialab tel: +44 (0) 1235 446459
BIT Department             Access Grid room tel: +44 (0) 1235 445666
e-mail:   C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk               Fax: +44 (0) 1235 445597

CLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (Bldg. R18)
Chilton, DIDCOT, Oxon OX11 0QX, UK

[The contents of this email are confidential and
are for the use of the intended recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient do not take
any action on it or show it to anyone else,
but return this email to the sender and delete your copy of it.]