[AG-TECH] Getting closer with PIG on Mac

Bob Huebert huebert at arsc.edu
Wed Aug 28 17:24:58 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, August 28, 2002, at 01:59 , Darin Oman wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> Interesting... I had a feeling that performance wouldn't be optimal,
> but wouldn't it be cool to demo the AG on an iMac wide-screen?

Yep!

> I must admit it's a little frustrating knowing you were able to get it
> to work as easily as I expected to.  :-)
>
> Yep, I'm able to use the win2k browser. The mud also seems fine. I
> tried messing with vpc network settings - switching on, sharing on,
> etc. - with no luck. So you just installed it and away it went? What
> are your network settings? What version of VPC are you using (have you
> installed the 5.0.4 update)? Also, what Mac OS are you running? I tried
> on OSX. I suppose I could try 9.1.

My Mac is on OS 10.1.5 and VPC is v5.0 setup with 256mb of ram.

The network settings that I'm using:

Preferences|Virtual Switch is set to 'default'

Under Edit|Settings...|Networking|Virtual Switch I have 'Enable
networking' checked with 'Virtual Switch' selected.

Also, my mac is using wired ethernet on a multicast-enable connection.

-bob