[AG-TECH] IGMPv3, Source Specific Multicast, fully supported in Windows XP

Jeffrey Eschbach eschbach at motorola.com
Fri Aug 16 10:37:05 CDT 2002

> and one of our resident multicast experts and he's told me
> that IGMPv3 support made it into Windows XP and is fully supported.

Jay,

We've been working with SSM for the past few months here at Mot Labs.
The XP host works just fine... as Bill said, the trouble comes in
getting the IGMPv3 capable edge routers.

While there are commercial implementations out there that are fine, but
we have not found a decent open source router implementation.  On that
note, does anyone know of an open source IGMPv3 router out there?  We've
worked some with the Baal implementation for BSD (
http://www.loria.fr/~lahmadi/ ), but although it parses IGMPv3 packets,
it does not make appropriate PIM-SSM calls.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Eschbach                              eschbach at motorola.com
Networks and Infrastructure Research
Senior Staff Engineer, Motorola Labs Internet2 Initiative
http://internet2.motlabs.com              Fax:    (847) 576-3240
Desk: (847) 538-5846                      Mobile: (847) 980-2240