[AG-TECH] Unicast Bridge

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 29 13:49:04 CDT 2002

I'm trying to get the unicast-mulitcast bridge working.  So far, I have
gotten the software installed and compiled on an agnode audio machine.  I
edited the vv.dat file to relflect venues being served here at NCSA.  There
was no /bin/ksh on the machine so I pointed the QuickBridge.ksh script to
/bin/sh and it seems to execute ok, but I get an error thus:

can't bind mcaddr[data] to socket!: Address already in use
myhostipaddress=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

can't bind mcaddr[data] to socket!: Address already in use
Audio for Axon is on port 50502
Video for Axon is on port 50500

I anticipate this means, since I am already running audio through this
machine, I can't use the same ip for a bridge.  Is this the case?  Do I
need a machine separate from the audio and video machines to run the bridge?
Or is the problem elsewhere?

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec