[AG-TECH] VIC startup options

Heisen, Andrew [NCSUS] AHeisen at NCSUS.JNJ.COM
Thu Aug 22 13:26:37 CDT 2002

Hi everyone,

I've got a question about invoking VIC.  Currently we use bat files to
invoke an older version of vic and enter rooms which are internal to our
network.  This command looks like this:
start c:\vic.exe -C "Room Name" -u "/vic-startup.4" -D "o100vc.dll - Osprey
Capture Card 1" xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/xxxxx

We're trying to move to the new PIG release and the included Open Mash Vic
v5.2.1, but we still need to use this bat file scheme.  We've tried
modifying the bat files to read as follow:
start c:\ag\agapps\bin\mash c:\ag\agapps\bin\vic -name vic -C "Room Name" -u
"/vic-startup.4" -D "o100vc.dll - Osprey Capture Card 1"
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/xxxxx

This causes problems.  Firstly, mash returns the error: 'Tk_Init failed!
Expected integer but got "/vic-startup.4"'.  If the -u parameter is removed,
vic launches into the correct room, but the startup options we require
(those specified in vic-startup.4) are lost.  Secondly, vic does not
recognize the -D parameter, so there is no capture card selected when it
starts up.  In fact, the only command line option making it through to vic
is the session name.

So my question is, how can we pass command line arguments to vic through
mash?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-Andrew Heisen

For reference, here are the additional startup options we need, from
vic-startup.4:
option add Vic.muteNewSources false startupFile
option add Vic.maxbw 10000 startupFile
option add Vic.bandwidth 4000 startupFile
option add Vic.framerate 29 startupFile
option add Vic.quality 100 startupFile
option add Vic.transmitOnStartup false startupFile