[AG-TECH] large one way presentations

Robert B Heckendorn heckendo at cs.uidaho.edu
Sat Aug 3 11:40:27 CDT 2002

Right now we have a yearly seminar series in bioinformatics.  We
invite big (and small) names in bioinformatics and they give an hour
long talk.  We tape all the talks.  Would it be reasonable to
rebroadcast them on the AG?  Can somone comment on the pros and cons
of taping and rebroadcasting vs live transmission?  For us it would be
much easier to tape and take the tape to the tiny AGN than to hook up
a connection to the auditorium.  Any thoughts on this issue?
Any special equipment besides a VCR needed for turning our AGN into
a rebroadcaster?

thanks,

--
| Robert Heckendorn                        | We may not be the only
| heckendo at cs.uidaho.edu                   | species on the planet but
| http://www.cs.uidaho.edu/~heckendo       | we sure do act like it.
| CS Dept, University of Idaho             |
| Moscow, Idaho, USA   83844-1010          |