[AG-TECH] physical security

Osland, CD (Chris) C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk
Fri Aug 2 03:56:10 CDT 2002

Some thoughts to add to those from others ...

Consider whether you can get the projectors inside a housing that
is locked (a sort of projection tunnel fitted to the ceiling).
We looked at this for our new room (because of heat and noise,
not security) and had to rule it out on cost basis.  Now we
can't hear the sound of the air conditioning for the sound of
the projectors!

Do as churches do (in the UK at least) - remove all mics and store
in a locked drawer or cupboard.

Have the rack (or whatever holds the computers, echo canceller
and audio interface stuff) in a locked cupboard (again like a
church) and/or use security bolts into the cage nuts.

If the building is patrolled, consider whether the 'tilt' alarms
would increase security on light things like cameras.

HTH

Chris

Chris Osland                         Office tel: +44 (0) 1235 446565
Digital Media and Access Grid      Medialab tel: +44 (0) 1235 446459
BIT Department             Access Grid room tel: +44 (0) 1235 445666
e-mail:   C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk               Fax: +44 (0) 1235 445597

CLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (Bldg. R18)
Chilton, DIDCOT, Oxon OX11 0QX, UK

[The contents of this email are confidential and
are for the use of the intended recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient do not take
any action on it or show it to anyone else,
but return this email to the sender and delete your copy of it.]