[AG-TECH] video only shows on primary display

Allan Spale aspale at evl.uic.edu
Mon Apr 22 09:59:14 CDT 2002

Stewart,

As a future reference, though this probably will not apply in your case
since your video card is not recognized, but always make sure to have the
same color depth selected for all your displays.  Otherwise, video will
show up fine in one display, and then disappear in another display.

One thing to make sure of is that multiple displays are enabled.  This can
be done by opening up Display Properties and pressing the Advanced button.
A Matrox dialog will appear.  Press the DualHead tab and select the option
DualHead Multi-Display.  Even though you may have already done this, it is
possible that one of the sections of the Matrox dialog will be of use.

EVL uses two Matrox G450 cards (one AGP and one PCI) on our display
machine. We used to have one G200, but after Windows 2000 we noticed
performance hit (probably related to the driver), so we switched to our
current setup.

I hope this information helps you come up with ideas for how to have your
displays work properly.

Allan
EVL at UIC
node-op