[AG-TECH] video only shows on primary display

Stewart Macneill macneisd at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Mon Apr 22 09:22:57 CDT 2002

Hi all

Just in the process of coaxing our node into life.  I've got the standard
G450 AGP and G200 PCI configuration set up on a dual CPU IBM IntelliStation
but have a problem in that the video from my cameras only shows up in the
primary display.

It doesn't seem to matter whether the primary display is set to the LCD
monitor or a projector, PCI or AGP, as soon as I drag the Vic window onto
one of the other displays, the feed is lost - if I minimize and restore then
the window just picks up whatever is behind it.  If I move it back into the
primary display, I see the video again.

The only two oddities I have noticed are that W2K Advanced Server (display
machine) only reports one of the G450 heads in the Matrox window control
panel,  and the capture computer (also a dual CPU IntelliStation, Red Hat
7.2) reports that it can't find a monitor list and is using the 'main'
display.  I don't know if that is at all significant.

Has anyone come across this problem?    I had a search through the AG-Tech
archives, but didn't find anything.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Stewart

Stewart D Macneill