[AG-TECH] AG TUTORIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Mary Fritsch fritsch at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 15 15:29:25 CDT 2002

A N N O U N C E M E N T

AG TUTORIAL
Thursday, May 30, 2002
Argonne National Laboratory
Building 221
Tutorial details available at:
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/fl/accessgrid/tutorial-may02/tut02index.htm
Registration is required.  There is no fee for this meeting.

The May 2002 AG Tutorial will serve as an introduction to the technical
aspects of the Access Grid and be suitable for new sites that are
interested in bring up nodes or troubleshooting existing nodes.  It will
feature hands on demonstrations for technical users and staff. This
tutorial will be split into two tracks.

The Introduction to the Access Grid track will cover the components,
assembly, and operation of an Access Grid node, and will include hands-on
participation with Access Grid equipment. The Advanced Topics track will
cover in detail the two areas that raise the most questions with Access
Grid sites: audio and networking. We will cover the audio subsystem of the
Access Grid in detail, beginning with necessary background in digital audio
and ending with advanced tuning and troubleshooting. We will spend some
time on configuration and debugging of multicast networks, with coverage of
network debugging that normal mortals can perform.

We encourage your participation, however, will be limiting this tutorial to
approximately 40 total registrants. There will be 20 slots for our "Intro
to the AG" track and 20 slots for our "Advanced Topics" track.  If interest
in this particular tutorial content is overwhelming, we may repeat the
tutorial program in the near future.

In light of our space limitations, please *only* attend if you have not
been able to take advantage of previous tutorials.

Mary Fritsch
AG Support Coordinator
Argonne National Laboratory
Mathematics and Computer Science
9700 South Cass Avenue, Argonne, IL 60439
630-252-5297
fritsch at mcs.anl.gov