[AG-TECH] New venues

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 22 17:03:23 CDT 2002

At 08:04 AM 4/22/2002 -0600, Don Morton wrote:
>I'm kind of thinking that, in many respects, this could
>almost completely remove the need for scheduling venues,
>making life easier for everybody.  It seems now like
>more of a matter of saying, "your place or mine?" when
>one tries to coordinate an event.
>
>I've noticed some folks still trying to schedule a venue
>and think it might take a little more of a formal announcement
>to convince everybody that, in most cases, maybe you don't
>need to schedule anymore :) :)
>
>Thanks again, Bob - what a brainstorm! :)

You're welcome, I'm pleased that people think this is a good idea.

I have been pondering a slight extension to this (another small stopgap
measure until we get the new services-based venues software online) where
the site corresponding to a venue could provide a URL to the venue server.
In the page corresponding to that URL the site would place a list of vv
usernames or email addresses; the venue server would treat that list as an
ACL for limiting access to the space.

Do folks think this would be useful / used ?

--bob