[AG-TECH] KVMs for AG?

Don Morton morton at cs.umt.edu
Wed Apr 3 08:49:43 CST 2002

Tom Coffin wrote:

> I have noticed that with these switches they somtimes
> freeze the mouse and keyboard if you are sending mouse
> commands while switching.
> I was recently putting our switch through some rugged testing
> and figured that I really need to be patient or use a
> slower process while switching. I now make sure that I am not
> touching the mouse while switching. Let me know if the mouse
> and keyboard still freeze while trying this movement.
> Not a solution - but a workaround...

yep, completely unscientific analysis and fix but, same
situation here :)  i've found that it takes a few seconds
for the electrons to switch between two machines and, once
i actually do the keyboard switch, if i wait about
5.2371 seconds, then i can usually start moving the mouse
without having things freeze up on me.  so, i'm being
sarcastic but, it IS true that just waiting several
seconds before moving the mouse typically reduces the
chance of a freeze up.
--
   Don Morton                   http://MRoCCS.cs.umt.edu/~morton/
   Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana