[AG-TECH] FYI: Fix vailable for running multiple NVIDIA cards under Windows XP

Jay Beavers jbeavers at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 28 20:27:51 CDT 2001

We run four NVIDIA cards on our servers to get high performance video
rendering on our single box nodes.  Up until today, there's been a bug
in the NVIDIA drivers for Windows XP that causes the additional GPUs to
fail during initialization about 75% of the time, resulting in a number
of blank screens.  The workaround has been to reboot the computer many
times until all GPUs initialize correctly.

NVIDIA has recently found the cause of the problem and released to me a
private build fix.  This fix will be in their general purpose drivers on
the web in ~1 month.  If you're facing a similar bug, you can contact me
to get the private build drivers and installation instructions.

 - jcb