[AG-TECH] tech-medic at SCGlobal

Terry Disz disz at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 13 08:50:45 CDT 2001

As many of you know, there will be a significant Access Grid presence at
this years Supercomputing conference in Denver. Along with many
international sites participating, there will be four Access Grid enabled
venues at Denver as part of the technical program, called SCGlobal.

We are looking for qualified volunteers to be on call for part of the
conference as what we call tech-medics. To volunteer to be a tech-medic, you
should feel qualified to diagnose and repair problems that arise in AG
machines and software. You should be able to help with sound balancing,
Gentner operation, replace faulty boards and reload software if necessary.
We don't think the tech-medics need to be present at the nodes all the time,
but rather just need to be on-call via a walkie talkie or pager we would
supply. We would be grateful for any amount of time you could spare.

We are also looking for qualified node operators to volunteer part of their
time at SC to help out on one of the venues. We have some volunteers, but
are looking for more to help relieve the workload on our thin staff.

If you want to be part of this ground-breaking effort and feel you have some
skills to offer, please let me know via email.

Please be aware that there are no funds available for travel or expenses, SC
is a volunteer activity.

Looking forward to seeing many of you at SC,

Terry