[AG-TECH] conference: was newbie questions

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman jtvh at bu.edu
Tue Sep 4 12:59:04 CDT 2001

Hi Sue,

I've replied to your personal email as well, but will repeat here (and
expand a bit) for the benefit of others on ag-tech:

The Production Institute is an event for staff involved in the planning
and support of SC Global, including Producers, Technical Directors,
speakers, and masters of ceremony (MCs). It is assumed that all
participating sites have reasonably well debugged AG nodes, and that the
participants have a fairly good understanding of AG technologies with
regard to their personal responsibilities during SC Global (in other
words, technical directors should *really* know how the AG works,
producers should have a general understanding, speakers and MCs actually
don't need to know much at all at this point).

The talks and trainings during the Production Institute will focus on how
to effectively support the SC Global event (during the sessions for
Producers and Technical Directors), and how to communicate effectively
over the AG (during the sessions for speakers and MCs).

[And a brief aside to the folks at SC Global constellation sites: y'all
didn't forget you need to RSVP for the sessions you plan to attend, right?
:-) ]

Yours,
Jennifer