[AG-TECH] Multicast beacon questions

Satish Devarapalli devasat at iit.edu
Mon Oct 29 20:01:11 CST 2001

hi,

I have resolved the problem and able to get the RTP Statistics.
It was a bug in java code, not my multicast. It was weird error, the program
was not able to connect to the multicast session and gave me the error
"Cannot bind requested address". Later i disabled my network and ran the
program, it still gave me the same error,with no network connection on the
machine,  and so thought problem with the code. after a long investigation
i figured out and finally it works :-) There was a problem connecting to
the multicast session using Programs written in JMF1.2, as the current version
now is 2.0 and some changes were made. I also have a sample program which
connects to the multicast sessison and plays the incoming video stream,
really cool. so probably we might plan rewriting vic in Java, to get the
platform independence and all its features.

If any one is interested in trying this tool let me know, i can send you
the modifed version.

Thanks for all your help,
Satish Devarapalli
Illinois Institute of Technology