[AG-TECH] any advice on divx payload ?

lujian lujian at nlsde.buaa.edu.cn
Tue Oct 9 10:43:12 CDT 2001

We have added a common video codec filter to VIC so that VIC can support all the codecs listed in Windows control panel of video codec. Especially, we have added DivX 3.0/4.0 codec(as good as mpeg-4) to VIC.
Now VIC can compress acceptable video of less than 300Kbps CIF Divx 3.0( usually 250Kbps, good enough as h.261/q=3~5) ,which can only be acchived by UCL-VIC CIF h.261 consuming more than 1Mbps; and excellent video of less than 1.5Mbps CIF divX4.0 (usually less 1Mbps, good enough as h.261/q=1~2), which can only be acchived by UCL-VIC CIF h.261 consuming more than several Mbps.
Our VIC is now under alpha test.
The main problem of this VIC is that we use a fixed payload profile for all the other codec except those native supported by UCL-VIC.
So the problem is when loss occurs, the payload profile could not help more on recovering, and our VIC has to drop frames until it get recovered.
Is there anybody who is experienced in stream media UDP payload profile, and can help us on this payload definition issue?
Thanks in advance!

Admire Group,
National Lab of Software Development Environment
BUAA
P.R.C