[AG-TECH] AGAudio redhat 7.x

Kabe Vanderbaan Kabe_VanderBaan-KVANDER2 at email.mot.com
Mon Oct 29 11:59:11 CST 2001

Yes, I am having problems instaling the oss drivers.

Here's what I did:
I installed a clean version of redhat 7.2,
I ran this update script:
http://ag-tech.mcs.anl.gov/reldb/repository/releases/agib/snapshots/snap-006/
added /usr/local/ag/bin to my path
I then beagna to follow the instructions for a "standard" setup:
http://www.accessgrid.org/agdp/guide/building-an-access-grid-node/2.4.4/html/x216.htm
I get through 3f, but then it says that it is not compatible with the
kernel.
I try to download the file, and to compile locally, but no luck.  I exit
and get this:

OSS installer was not able to find a suitable sndshield
module for your system.
Instructions for fixing the situation manually are given
in /usr/lib/oss/docs/README.sndshield.

/usr/lib/oss/install.log contains more debugging info.

/usr/lib/oss/docs/README.sndshield does not exist.

Any Help?
Kabe