[AG-TECH] Multicast beacon questions

David E. Bernholdt bernhold at jumby.csm.ornl.gov
Wed Oct 24 13:57:11 CDT 2001

I think the first concern was security -- were we under some kind of
attack.  After that, I think the question is whether that level of
traffic is really necessary, since this is baseline (our AG node is
not here yet) -- the beacon stuff is not a huge volume of data, but
there are many packets, and that's taxing in its own way.

And if the answer is simply "yes, it _is_ necessary", then I think its
okay. But it would be nice to be able to tell them that as the number
of AGs builds, someone's working on a better way of monitoring things.
David E. Bernholdt                   |   Email: bernholdtde at ornl.gov
Oak Ridge National Laboratory        |   Phone: +1 (865) 574 3147
http://www.csm.ornl.gov/~bernhold/   |   Fax:   +1 (865) 574 0680