[AG-TECH] Multicast beacon questions

David E. Bernholdt bernhold at jumby.csm.ornl.gov
Wed Oct 24 13:37:07 CDT 2001

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 13:12:37 -0500  Marty Hoag wrote:
> I mean if you were receiving all 100 beacons at 10 packets/second
> each that would be 1000 packets/second.

As my networking friends point out, the current beacon approach isn't
terribly scalable as the number of AG nodes increases (presuming a 1:1
association with beacons). Its already enough to trigger concern with
folks here, though maybe its just that they're not used to seeing
any mcast traffic at all.  Has anyone thought about this?
David E. Bernholdt                   |   Email: bernholdtde at ornl.gov
Oak Ridge National Laboratory        |   Phone: +1 (865) 574 3147
http://www.csm.ornl.gov/~bernhold/   |   Fax:   +1 (865) 574 0680