[AG-TECH] hiss from gentner AP800

James Miller millerjw at mailer.psc.edu
Mon Nov 26 13:30:22 CST 2001

I am trying to resolve a major hiss problem with our AG node.  I am getting
a lot of hiss out of my monitor speakers.  I think I have narrowed it down
to a problem with the AP800.  If I disconnect all of my inputs to the
gentner, the hiss is still there.  When I disconnect the speakers, the hiss
stops.  This tells me the hiss is not coming from cable interference to the
speakers and it is not coming from the MatchMaker/Audio node.  If I mute all
of my inputs, the hiss remains.  If I mute the speaker output from the
gentner, the hiss lessens, but does not disappear.

Has anyone had similar experiences?

Jim Miller
Network Engineer
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center