[AG-TECH] RE: AG video node using berkley mjpeg work

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 16 09:13:45 CST 2001

At 07:23 PM 11/15/2001 -0800, Matthew Delco wrote:
>What's the status/performance of the AG vic with the Intel JPEG library?

Works great, we don't use it much at the moment since there isn't a
well-integrated solution in place for the JPEG capture side in the AG. It
can use DirectDraw overlay planes for hardware color conversion and window
resizing.

>The last thing that I heard was that this version of vic could handle
>a fairly good framerate that was generally unaffected by image size.

With a single window we see lossless decode at 30fps. It consumes most of a
CPU tho. We've had someone investigating 640x480 decoding, hacking the
deinterlacing by decoding into alternating lines. (Anyone have a better
solution implemented?)

--bob

PS: apologies to the ag-tech list who are getting probably about half of
this discussion; I'll approve the nonmember postings when I get back online.

--bob