[AG-TECH] Re: AG video node using berkley mjpeg work

Andrew Swan aswan at cs.berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 15 18:47:49 CST 2001

"Lawrence A. Rowe" writes:
> I don't recall that vic ever worked with hardware encoding on the
> parallax board - i think it just used the raw capture interface. Vic did
> work with the DEC board, I forget the name of it, because Steve and
> Lance made it work.

i'm pretty sure it did.  off the top of my head, vic 2.x could
do hardware encoding/decoding with the sun parallax, sunvideo,
dec j300, and sgi cosmo boards.  much of the code is still in
mash but has rotted away having been neglected for several years.

> I don't know that it makes sense to have this work with vic, but it
> would be very useful to have it work with the rvic and/or rvc programs
> we use for webcasting.

the work is all in the low level objects so once it works in
rvc/rvic, it would be trivial to make it work in vic if it
didn't happen automatically...

-Andrew