[AG-TECH] Epson EMP-715 Projector

Mike Daw Mike.Daw at man.ac.uk
Tue May 8 08:49:10 CDT 2001

The answer to your question (I've found out) is that the Epson 715 and the
710 (which is the same model as the 703, just a different number) produce
40dB of noise. I'm told that this isn't bad for a "portable" projector and
that to go quieter requires a move to a Barco model or similar, which are
considerably more expensive (about 12000 pounds sterling, as opposed to
4000 pounds). It's also possible to noise-shield the Barco.

I haven't got a clear idea of whether 40dB (times 3, presumably) is
prohibitive. I guess not, considering this is the model that's being
recommended.

Mike Daw
Computer Services for Academic Research (CSAR)
Manchester Computing, University of Manchester
Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 7026 Fax: +44 (0)161 275 6800
Email: mike.daw at man.ac.uk
http://www.mcc.ac.uk