[AG-TECH] Hardware news - towards a single machine node

Jeff Ramacher jeffr at mhpcc.edu
Fri Mar 30 19:14:44 CST 2001

I think it would be really cool (but probably way too expensive to
develop) to move some of the AV processing off of the system CPU to a
special purpose AG pci board or something like that.  Does anyone know
if there's a "vic in a chip" kind of thing already?

Just my thoughts on a Friday afternoon...
--
jeffr

--
Jeff Ramacher (jeffr at mhpcc.edu)                | (808) 879-5077, x264
Maui High Performance Computing Center (MHPCC) | fax (808) 879-5018