[AG-TECH] Matrox G450 linux problems

Bob Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 26 22:24:29 CST 2001

I've been poking around a bit tonight and it appears that the G450 is
causing some problems still in the current XFree4.0.2/RH7.1 beta. As a
dual-head card is definitely not required on the capture machines, at this
point I would recommend staying away from them for the Linux side. They
work great on Windows (modulo no 24-bit color on both heads, but then the
Appian cards don't support that either. Time tofigure out how to get fast
JPEG decode in 32-bit mode... ).

For those scoping out machine purchases, I'd peer at the XFree86 driver
pages at

	http://www.xfree86.org/4.0.2/RELNOTES3.html#8

to ensure the card you are considering is supported.

--bob