[AG-TECH] Bridgeport Room Reservations / Time standards

Shawn Davis wdavis at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 21 08:57:29 CST 2001

At 07:25 AM 3/21/2001 -0600, Marty Hoag wrote:
>    I don't mind converting to UTC but it would be nice to have a
>reservation and schedule viewing page that would automatically show you
>both UTC and your local current time zone (adapting to each viewer
>either automatically or via a cookie with the local zone that they'd set
>up the first time or whatever). ;-)

An on-line scheduling application is currently being developed here.  I had
envisioned the time conversion working exactly as you say here.  Basically,
I'll store all times in the database as UTC times, and convert to and from
UTC based on user information that will be gathered during a first-time
registration process.
On the same note, if anyone has any suggestions for functionality that they
would like to see in the scheduling application, please let me know.
-Shawn Davis