[AG-TECH] showing SGI VR on AG

John A. Greenfield green at ahpcc.unm.edu
Tue Mar 13 12:42:51 CST 2001

Well, if you have access to the source code for the VR application, you
can embed the H261 encoder from vic into the app to convert the video
buffer into an H261 multicast stream directly.

If you don't have access to the VR app code, you would have to pipe the
output through a capture card of some sort.

John Greenfield

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Robert Putnam wrote:

> [Submitted earlier to Faq-O-Matic] I am running a VR application on an
> SGI. How do you recommend capturing the display to make it an AG-viewable
> video stream?
>

> Robert Putnam
> putnam at bu.edu
> (617) 353-8295

John Greenfield
green at ahpcc.unm.edu
University of New Mexico
THE ALBUQUERQUE HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING CENTER
Office # 505-277-8249
Direct # 505-277-9545
Fax #    505-277-8235