[AG-TECH] Video Image

Mike Daw mike.daw at man.ac.uk
Wed Jun 13 08:41:24 CDT 2001

I have an image from my camera that is not right at all. There are 2
problems:

1. There is a thin monochrome strip at the top of the image window (top 10%)
that has the bottom of the image interweaved.
2. My image started off being green. Now it's blue. I tried another camera
and it was black and white.

Has anyone else seen this and how can I solve it? One possible reason for it
is that I am using the EVI-D31 camera, which operates to the PAL standards.
I guess the software is all written for NTSC. However, if it is this, I
don't know what to do about it.

I've looked around at the Hauppage web pages (and links), Access Grid web
pages (documentation and mailing list) and VIC web pages and the only thing
I found that remotely describes my problem is from VIC:

http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/software/vic/faq.html#blue
Why can I only see a blue picture when transmitting on my PC?
Either your camera is not working or you have configured the driver to use
the wrong input port.
...or something else!:
I've ruled out the first possibility (unless I've got a load of broken
cameras...) and, as far as I can see, "input port" refers to S-video /
Composite1 / Television... unless it refers to the port number, which has to
be "more than 5002", which it is.

I've also tried lowering the number of colours on my monitor (like the card
documentation suggested).

Can anyone suggest anything else?

Mike Daw
Computer Services for Academic Research (CSAR)
Manchester Computing, University of Manchester
Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 7026 Fax: +44 (0)161 275 6800
Email: mike.daw at man.ac.uk
http://www.mcc.ac.uk