[AG-TECH] AG Node Volunteers for SC Global AND SC '01 Student Volunteers

Barbara A. Kucera bkucera at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 5 09:41:55 CDT 2001

Great news!

The SC student volunteer Web page is now active and ready for submissions
for both AG node volunteers and regular student volunteers.  This is an
outstanding opportunity for your students to participate in the real world
activities associated with SC 01.  Students who have participated in the
past list it as one of their most memorable college experiences.

If your students are being trained on the AG and can help with SC Global at
SC 01, most of their expenses (including travel, housing, meals at the
conference and registration) will be paid by the conference.  Of course,
they'll be able to participate in the conference when they're not working,
and they'll receive conference goodies including a cool t-shirt or two.

We hope to be able to provide enough student AG volunteers to support the
SC Global nodes and to provide relief to the other AG node operators so
they can take health breaks, etc.  You, the ag-tech group, are the only
source of student AG volunteers!

Please encourage interested students to apply.  The url
is  http://www.navo.hpc.mil/Conferences/SC2001/

This initial experimental year, it was decided that the we should do
everything possible to enable AG volunteers to participate, so their travel
expenses are covered.  I should point out that, as in the past, regular
student volunteers' travel expenses will not be covered by the conference.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Bruce Loftis
<bruce at ncsa.uiuc.edu> or me.

Best wishes,

Barbara

Barbara A. Kucera
Alliance/EPSCoR Liaison
National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA)
(217) 244-0131 * Fax (217) 244-2909

Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
telescopes. - Edsger W. Dijkstra, computer science professor