[AG-TECH] stable VIC

Marty Hoag Marty_Hoag at NDSU.NODAK.EDU
Wed Jul 25 12:47:50 CDT 2001

   I've been using the VIC v2.8ucl-1.1.3 on W2k for some time now with
a Hauppage Model 401 WinTV card.  It seems to seldom crash.  I usually
leave it running days on end.  I recently added SP2 to W2K this is
running on but that didn't seem to make a difference and I think I'm
just using stock drivers, etc.  The speeds aren't great but then we have
lots of wind and I've found that blowing branches and leaves seem to
drop the frame rate. ;-)

   It is running the "Marty's Office" view in the "Window on NDSU" sdr
session at 233.24.119.155/64546 .  But that is not really meant for
production
AG use, just some experimentation (and a way to use an old camera! ;-).
I've also used v2.8ucl-1.0 on an old NT machine for viewing and it is
pretty stable.  But I don't know a lot about the "internals"...

   Marty