[AG-TECH] Hi-quality video

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 23 17:07:28 CDT 2001

At 10:34 AM 7/23/2001 -0700, Jay Beavers wrote:
>I ll be happy to supply you with whatever direct assistance you need with
>using the DirectShow APIs.  Not only does this abstract the details of VfW
>and WDM drivers, it provides you a nice clean sample through the
>IMediaSample interface.  To see how to do this easily, I d recommend going
>through the NullNull sample that comes with the DirectShow SDK which
>simply passes the IMediaSample to you and does nothing with it.

 From what I can tell (I'm waiting for the MSDN site to unhang while my CDs
load. Argh, the sample isn't there on the website, and apparently not in
the MSDN library either) the NullNull example is just a filter that doesn't
do anything. The example I'm looking for that I've not seen yet is a
vanilla C++ app that instantiates all the DirectShow bits of stuff so that
I can get callbacks to my vanilla C++ code with the frames as they become
available. Or I can call to the code get the next frame, either way.

--bob