[AG-TECH] Hi-quality video

Bill Nickless nickless at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jul 22 22:35:25 CDT 2001

At 08:52 AM 7/23/2001 +0800, lujian wrote:
>Andy Quay,
>       FYI, I also tried NV large mode in linux on my BOSER602
> card(bt848), it can capture 704*576size video very stable.
>         I set quality to 2, and bandwidth to 20Mbps. It has acceptable
> video quality. I run VIC on this mode for over 24hrs and find it still work.
>         but the Network bandwidth usage is quite high, usually 5~10 Mbps,
> sometimes even 15~20Mbps.

I'm pleased to hear that you're able to source 20 Mbps streams.  As a
network person I would very much like to see that level of traffic on a
routine basis coming from each Access Grid node.

===
Bill Nickless    http://www.mcs.anl.gov/people/nickless      +1 630 252 7390
PGP:0E 0F 16 80 C5 B1 69 52 E1 44 1A A5 0E 1B 74 F7     nickless at mcs.anl.gov